Small Business Resources - October
5 Oct 2021
East Side Funders Group (ESFG) is currently accepting applications for the East Side Small Business Fund.
PURPOSE: The purpose of this fund is to provide relief grants to small and micro businesses on the East Side of Saint Paul that are currently experiencing a financial loss due to COVID-19. Grants are limited up to $1,000 per business
TIMELINE: Applications will be accepted from October 1, 2021-October 24, 2021; Applications will NOT be accepted after October 24, 2021.
• Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to be considered for a grant:
• Physical location on the East Side of Saint Paul (Priority Dayton's Bluff & Payne Phalen).
• Must have a customer facing business (examples: retail, restaurant, gym, tailor, flower shop, etc.) with a storefront or be located in a market/mercado or business center.
• Business must be currently open
• Sales are currently being impacted by COVID-19
• Small and micro-sized businesses (less than 6 employees; and revenues under $1 million)
• Nonprofits are ineligible.
For more information or to apply: https://forms.gle/hoBW2GinYcYtrhAB9
Priority will be given to Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) owned businesses or businesses where majority of employees are BIPOC and businesses that have not been able to access government relief grants.
Please share this information with East Side businesses and feel free to contact me with questions.
Erin Jerabek Heelan
ATTENTION BLACK & AFRICAN IMMIGRANT BUSINESS OWNERS IN MINNESOTA: The Comcast RISE Investment Fund in now open October 1-14 for businesses in the following Minneapolis-St. Paul counties: Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and Washington Counties
Grants will be announced at the end of November 2021 and awarded in December 2021.
- 100 grants totaling $1 million will be distributed to 100 small business in Minneapolis/Saint Paul, MN.
- Each business will receive a $10,000 monetary grant
- Application period is October 1-14, 2021.
- Established business operations for 3 or more years.
- 25 or less full-time and part-time employees.
- At least 51% owned and operated by racially or ethnically diverse individual; including owners of Hispanic, Black, Indigenous, Asian or mixed background and people of color, among others.
- Business located in the following counties in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN: Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and Washington Counties.
If you need assistance applying for the Comcast RISE Investment Fund, call (651) 646-9411 to speak and schedule an appointment with one of our Business Consultants at AEDS